It was beautiful to see the neighborhood covered in a fresh, white blanket of powder:
And the kids had a blast building snowmen:
But it was also cold:
And three snow days leading into Christmas break meant a longer winter break, a longer school year, and less time for a procrastinating mother to finish up last minute holiday preparations without four pairs of curious eyes watching her every move.
We were grateful for the roof over our head and warm beds and all of the things we take for granted that so many others must do without. And we were grateful for the snow. But I think I would be just as grateful if this year we saw a little less of it. I'm perfectly content with one good snowy day where the kids can get their fill of snowmen and snowball fights and I can get my fill of bundling up children and cleaning up their wet messes afterwards. Yeah, one day ought to do it.
1 comment:
You made more impressive snow creatures than we did. We were too wussy to stay out long enough to make snow creatures.
Post a Comment