Tyler was in concert band this year, and performed in a winter and spring concert. This past year's winter concert happened to fall on my birthday. Happy birthday to me! As I’m sure you know or can at least imagine, middle school band concerts are a very special treat. One might even say an almost indescribable experience. I won’t get into too many details because I think you need to experience it for yourselves. After all, hearing is believing.
Any guesses as to what the Jazz Band is playing here? Come on, guess. I dare you. (By the way, Tyler is in the Concert Band, so he had no part in this particular performance.)
The Concert Band was the grand finale, and rightfully so, I think. At least I recognized the song. Tyler's playing clarinet, second row, fourth chair from the left:
By the time the spring concert came around, Tyler was section leader. He enjoyed this last minute addition to their set list (he's second row, third chair from the left):
Can you believe they only spent a few days learning "Spider Pig"?!
Unfortunately, Tyler's decided he's had enough of band for now. I hope the girls enjoy playing the clarinet, too. Because they will. Be playing it. Oh yes. They will.
2 comments:
I'm going to guess the Jazz Band was playing "Baby Elephant Walk." Because I like to guess.
Good or Tyler. I hope that the girls enjoy the clarinet also. :)
Nope. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. No, really.
Post a Comment