Monday, October 3, 2011

Oh, Tyler

Driving home from school.

Tyler, laughing: Did you see that dog hanging out the window?

Me: No, I missed it.

Tyler: I want to have a dog and train it to stick its head out the window and be my turn signal.

Me: Like doing the arm signals?

Tyler: Yes! That would be so awesome!

That would be pretty awesome.

~

Random moment.

Tyler to Kenzie: Ever wish you were a noodle?

Blank look from Kenzie.

Tyler: So it's just me?

Yeah, pretty sure it's just you.

~

Primping for school.

Tyler: I feel like my head's like a balloon. If I squash down the sides, the top goes up. If I squash down the top, the sides go out.

I feel like that about my entire body.

~

At the dinner table.

Tyler: Awww, my green beans are cold...like my soul.

Kenzie, deadpan between bites: You can say that again.

It's funny 'cause it's true.

~

After messing with mom.

Tyler: When I'm on my death bed, I'm going to write a book about all the ways to mess with people's minds and then pass it on to my grandchildren or something.

See, I told you.

~

Watching Pride and Prejudice---the part where Elizabeth storms upstairs after Lady C's visit.

Elise: Why is she so upset?

Me: Because that lady told her she wasn't good enough to marry her nephew.

Elise: Aren't they engaged though?

Me: Well, he asked her before, but she thought he was a jerk so she said no, and now she knows he isn't a jerk, but she doesn't know if he still wants to marry her.

Tyler: I had an experience like that once.

Oh, Tyler.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I might consider having a dog, if it was a turn signal dog.

No, I wouldn't. But it would still be awesome.