Monday, October 3, 2011

Sometimes we forget how funny our 6 year old is

FYI.

Sydney: Boyfriends aren't supposed to burp in girlfriends' faces.

Sing it, sister.

~

Last year's kindergarten separation anxiety.

Sydney: I wish I could make two of myselves--one to go to school and one to follow you.

Yeah, uh, me too. A-hem.

~

This one's from last school year too.

Sydney: I want to pretend to be a dog--like after school or when I have free days or during Christmas break. But if you ever want to take me for a walk, could you take me inside so my clothes don't get all ruined and I don't get hurt? When I have clothes on when I'm a dog, just pretend that I don't have clothes on because people who put clothes on their dog are weird.

She really thought this thing through.

~


Mother-daughter time.

Sydney: I love you. I love you more than anyone in the world. I love you a thousand in my heart.

*Heart melting*

~

Sharing a donut.

Me: Do you want any more?

Sydney: No, my tummy's full from that granola bar I just had.

Me: I had a granola bar, too.

Sydney: And you can still eat more donut?

Me: Yeah, I'm a little piggy. *snort*

Sydney: Yeah, you're like an animal!

But she loves me a thousand in her heart!

~

Looking for the My Little Pony moms to go with the My Little Pony babies.

McKenzie: Do these ones even have moms?

Sydney: Yeah, everyone has moms. Except for hobos!

McKenzie: Hobos have moms.

Sydney: No they don't!

I think she figures they must not have moms since no one is taking care of them.

~

On our way home from the library, a car cuts in front of us in an intersection.

McKenzie: Woah! I'm so glad we didn't crash!

Sydney: Yeah, 'cause then we'd all be dead. And then we wouldn't be able to read our library books. That's a reason why it's good to not crash.

As good as any, I guess.

~

Overheard mid-conversation between Sydney and her doll.

Sydney: When you're a grown-up you don't play on the computer. You have to do important stuff like check your e-mail or play Scrabble.

Doll: Oh, I don't like Scrabble.

Sydney: See, wouldn't you like to be a kid still?

Yes, very important grown-up stuff.

~

Random moment.

Sydney: I can't feel my nostrils.

Hey, I can't feel mine either.

~

Getting ready for church, I pull out a hand-me-down denim jumper.

Me: Would you like to wear this today?

Sydney, giggling: Yes! That's so cute---it's like a lederhosen dress!

Me: laughing

Later that day...

Sydney: Remember when I said that thing about the lederhosen dress?

Me: Yes.

Sydney: That was funny.

Me: Yes, it was funny.

Sydney: You should write that down.

Good idea.

No comments: