Friday, July 23, 2010

Tyler goes to camp

Tyler's been at scout camp all week. It's been strange around here without him. I've tried pouring on the sarcasm to try to fill the empty space he left behind, but it's not the same and I'm not so sure my girls have appreciated my efforts.

Here's a few Tyler moments I found on a random scratch pad.

Watching tv, sitting next to Tyler.

Me: Ew!
Nate: What'd he do?
Me: He licked my elbow! That's the second time today!

Don't worry, there hasn't been a third time.

~

Dinner conversations.

Tyler: Turtles can breathe through their butts.
McKenzie: No, they can't.
Tyler: Yes, they can. Look it up!

It's true.

~

I have no recollection of the context.

Tyler, completely straight-faced: I'm pretty good at lying. The only reason you didn't believe me was because what I said was ridiculous. But my voice and facial expressions gave nothing away.

He's an excellent liar (in a mostly harmless/ha-fooled you! way), which is why I now question everything that comes out of his mouth. Everything.

No comments: