In the car with Tyler.
Tyler: Are those zebra stripes on your sunglasses?
Me: Yeah, aren't they cool?
Tyler: just shakes his head.
Me: What, do my sunglasses embarrass you?
Tyler: Kind of.
Me: Right, you know you want some.
Tyler: Eyeroll.
I start to sing along with the CD.
Tyler, looking at me out of the corner of his eye, subtly leans over to turn up the volume.
I continue to sing.
Tyler turns up the volume again.
Me: Hey, that's getting a little loud.
Tyler: Yeah, I'm trying to distract myself from your singing.
Me: Harumph.
Next song I opt not to sing, but dance.
Tyler turns off the radio.
Me: Hey, I wasn't even singing to that one.
Tyler, shaking his head: Yeah, but there was nothing I could do to distract me from (makes up and down hand gesturing in my direction) that.
Me, with a pouty lip: Hey.
Tyler shoots me a look.
Me: Is that your smolder?
Tyler: Yeah, I'm pretty proud of it.
It's a pretty impressive smolder.
4 comments:
LOL! That sort of reminds me of how everyone sings "Lass Uns Laufen" to Tokio Hotel (and get all the words wrong). I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I've heard people sing that song (and ruin it). Of course, that's not the only song people ruin...
Also, once, Eric and Laura were watching Thomas The Tank Engine, and this really dumb song about Thomas The Tank Engine came on (seriously, it was HORRIBLE). It was so dumb and unlistenable, that I started playing Lass Uns Laufen loud enough to block out the annoying music. But Eric wanted me to stop playing that song. Well, it's better than the other song!!
how do you remember entire conversations like that. I think that is great! I can now see why you said that around the house is where Tyler shows his attitude more than what we've seen.
I try to always have a paper/pen handy. Sometimes when I'm desperate, I'll use the back of a receipt or a wrapper or something. But the key is writing it down as quickly as possible, otherwise it's gone. I've lost a lot of gems that way!
Post a Comment