Sunday, April 11, 2010

Occasionally the kids say something amusing

Doing McKenzie’s hair.

Me: OK, I kind of did these braids lopsided.

McKenzie: I don’t care. Nobody else is going to care. Only my loving mother. Who cares just a little too much.

It’s funny ’cause it’s true.



At the breakfast table, just after McKenzie has moisturized her face.

McKenzie: Why does dead skin always gather where my mustache should be?

Me: Should be?

McKenzie: Yeah, it’d be cool to have a mustache.

It’s actually not. Cool. Not that I would know. Ahem.





Tyler has a new recipe for exclamations.



In the middle of a very important video game.

Me: Tyler, you need to get your piano practicing done.

Tyler: Crap sauce!


Dinner time.

Tyler: What’s for dinner?

Me: Chicken and mashed potatoes.

Tyler: Awesome sauce!


On a Monday afternoon.

Me: No piano lessons today–they’ll start back up next week.

Tyler: Score sauce!

Secret’s in the sauce.




A different kind of recipe.

Sydney, whispering in my ear really close with hot breath: You’re my best love.

Three parts adorable, one part creepy.


I was upstairs, Syd was downstairs. Then I was downstairs, too.

Sydney, holding up a stuffed animal: Look! I cut the strings off the tag all by myself, and I didn’t even cut off my fingers!

Should I be concerned that that was a risk she seemed willing to take when she decided to wield the scissors?




In the car.

Elise: I want my husband’s name to be Nick or John. Or something else if he’s awesome. Nick or John would have to be awesome, too, of course. But if he was super awesome, I wouldn’t care what his name was.

Husband wanted: only awesome Nicks or Johns or super awesome non-Nicks or non-Johns need apply.

5 comments:

Kara Lohberg said...

I don't even want to think about what crap sauce could entail, but I love this! I can't wait to come home and witness these things happening! Thanks for sharing, Laurzia.

Anonymous said...

okay - so now Kara feels left out and asks - "why doesn't our family have funny things to share on our blogs?" - HELLO?! We DO! I just haven't shared them - so guess it's my bad! Off I go to share all of our "funny things" - although yours will always take the cake and win the hilarious vote! Love these woj! Thanks for making my day!

Alita said...

The one where Sydney whispered in your ear made me laugh so hard I cried. Thanks for sharing some of the laughs w/ the rest of us!

Stephanie said...

I am sitting here reading your blog and literally crying from laughing so hard. Guess they got their mother's wit huh? We have got together some time his summer!!!

Stephanie said...

Your kids are seriously the funniest! You need to write a book with all of the things they say. Thanks for giving me a good laugh!