Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reflections Awards 2009

McKenzie and Elise both entered the PTA Relections contest this year. They each submitted a drawing and a photograph.

Elise was awarded first place ribbons for both her drawing and photograph at her school, Grove Elementary.

Elise's photograph was taken at Ecola Park in Cannon Beach, OR during our vacation there last summer.



Her favorite animal right now is the hippo. She can't get enough of the hippo.



McKenzie was awarded a first place ribbon for her photograph and an honorable mention for her drawing.

McKenzie also took her picture at Ecola Park. She got some big "Ooooh"s from the crowd at the school district's award ceremony.


Flamingos are all the rage with McKenzie this year.


The school then forwarded their first place winning entries to the district level. It's a shame McKenzie's drawing wasn't eligible to be forwarded on to the district contest. I know I'm biased, but it really was much better than most of the award winners.

Elise won a second place ribbon for her photograph and a participation award for her drawing.




McKenzie won a first place ribbon for her photograph.


The girls were both excited to come home pretty ribbons. We're proud of them for just making the effort.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, those are impressive photos!

I like the drawings, too. Flamingos are awesome! Hippos are nice, too, of course.

Rach Platt said...

They take better pictures than I do!