Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Down at the park

A couple of weeks ago the kids had a day off from school, so we took them down to a local park. As usual, hilarity ensued.


Getting out of the car.

Sydney: It’s so bright, I can’t see my eyes!

Heh. Hey, wait a minute—I can’t see my eyes either!



Bored.

McKenzie: Things are always more fun when you’re little. I wish things were still fun.

Sigh. Me too.



Pre-teen insecurities.

Tyler: Does this swing make my butt look big?

It kind of did.


On the way home.

Me: So did you have fun at the park, Elise?

Elise: Yeah.

Me: What was your favorite part?

Elise: I don’t know. I think maybe the fat kid swing.*

My kids are so not PC, but they say these things guilelessly.




*While I do not encourage the use of such phrases, in Elise’s defense, it was a rather large bucket seat swing and we were at an elementary school playground, so in her mind 2+2=fat kid swing. I’m thinking perhaps it was a special swing for children with disabilities as it had a seatbelt as well.

3 comments:

Rach Platt said...

I love when you quote your kids. lol

Jessica said...

I had forgotten you had a blog and took another look...I've been thouroughly entertained. I just love your family and your kids crack me up, and I don't even know them hardly!

Anonymous said...

Okay - Kara & I are ROFLOBO! that is too funny!