Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mini Lee Family Reunion

"Mini Lee" sounds funny, but considering we were missing quite a few people, just plain old "Lee" didn't seem like a fair description.


Over Memorial Day weekend we were lucky enough to have all of my siblings together in the same place for the first time in probably 11 years! My brother Sam usually tries to come out from Maryland to see us around Christmas time, but was not able to swing it this past Christmas, so he planned a spring trip. With him coming, Rebecca decided to come up from Portland to see him. And once we figured out that 4 out of 5 siblings would be together, we knew it just wouldn't be right to have someone missing, so luckily Jennifer found a great deal on a ticket and was able to fly out from St. Louis. Then my dad thankfully decided that he couldn't pass up an opportunity to have all 5 kids together so he came up from California!


We had a great time that involved a lot of eating--all of our family's old favorites like fried chicken, chicken tacos, egg rolls and burgers and potato salad on Memorial Day. Oh, and the cheesecake! I probably put on a good 5 lbs., but it was totally worth it.


Here's the family all sitting down together to stuff our faces:





I'm in the middle of a coughing fit and Nate's taking the picture.



We also played games and just hung out--we're a very low-key kinda bunch. After dinner on Monday we gathered for some family photos.

Here's everyone all together (Rebecca with her two daughters Mary and Laura--her husband Jake stayed home with their boys, Eric and Scott; Kim and Jeff and their kids Kara, Jessie and Aaron; Nate and Me with Tyler, McKenzie, Elise and Sydney; Jennifer--her husband Michael and daughter Linda stayed home this time; Sam and Dad).





And here's all of the Lee siblings with Dad:






I like this one because Dad looks so amused--I wish I could remember what he was laughing at:





And here's a shot of all the grandkids that were there:





Our girls had a great time playing with their cousin Mary. I'm not sure Laura was particularly impressed with us, but we were still glad to have her. We're hoping next time Jennifer can bring Linda and Rebecca can bring her boys.


Sam is always very popular around our house. The kids all love him.






They particularly enjoyed playing on our new Wii fit with him even though he kept getting the high score on everything. But it hasn't taken them long to knock him off the leader board since he left. I wish I had pictures (or better yet video!) of Sam doing the hula hoop and yoga poses on the Wii fit. Good times!

We were really grateful that Dad/Grandpa could steal away a few days from work, too. We know he was really busy, but it meant a lot to have him there. Next time he'll have to bring Grandma.





We were all sad when our weekend was over and it was time for everyone (well, Jennifer got to stay through the week!) to go, especially the kids. They even picked up a few new catch phrases from their cousins and aunts, including "You know me", "special little snowflake", and "Dat not good, Wudy". We hope it's not too long before we get to see everyone again.

Anyone up for organizing a full-size Lee Family Reunion? Not it!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I miss the Wii Fit already!

Looks like I missed all the catch phrase fun. Are most of those Jennifer's?