Man, it's quiet around here. Almost too quiet. Almost.
The kids are back in school.

*Tyler had a pretty decent first day of 9th grade, declaring two of his teachers "really cool" ("My English teacher is like the guy from the old Willy Wonka!"*) and only one "kinda scary". He's at a brand new high school that's divided into smaller learning communities, so he has all of his classes except one in the same building. It's a beautiful campus.
*McKenzie had a crap first day of 5th grade. She really likes her new teacher, but has none of her old friends in her new class. The one girl she thought she'd get along with was moved to a different class. She tried hanging out with her old gang at recess, but they ditched her. Luckily, in the past few days she's found some new friends and is getting settled in.
The kids are back in school.
*Tyler had a pretty decent first day of 9th grade, declaring two of his teachers "really cool" ("My English teacher is like the guy from the old Willy Wonka!"*) and only one "kinda scary". He's at a brand new high school that's divided into smaller learning communities, so he has all of his classes except one in the same building. It's a beautiful campus.
*McKenzie had a crap first day of 5th grade. She really likes her new teacher, but has none of her old friends in her new class. The one girl she thought she'd get along with was moved to a different class. She tried hanging out with her old gang at recess, but they ditched her. Luckily, in the past few days she's found some new friends and is getting settled in.
*Elise is giddy with excitement over 3rd grade. She has her same teacher as last year (who is awesome) and plenty of friends. I'm relieved to not have to worry about her.
*Sydney has been waiting to go to "real" school forever, and is very excited her kindergarten days have finally arrived. I felt like a jerk her first day, being the only parent without a camera to document this milestone. I took pictures at home before we left. Do I really need a picture of her walking into class for the first time ever? (That wasn't a rhetorical question--lie if you have to.)

I have two hours until Syd's bus brings her home and then another hour and a half until it's time to pick up Tyler and then another hour and a half until it's time to pick up the girls. So what to do in the meantimes? What to do, what to do...
*Who wouldn't want Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka for their English teacher??
*Who wouldn't want Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka for their English teacher??
2 comments:
They all look darling (even Tyler)! Too bad McKenzie didn't like her first day of school. I'm glad she's making new friends though. I think I'd rather have a great teacher and no friends than have an awful teacher with all my friends. Just my personal opinion. You've got a buttload of time on your hands though! Time to hit up the books! :)
I just found your blog today after our visit. I found the link to it on Kim's blog. I'll be reading up.
Post a Comment