Our kids had a great time with their ID cousins. They spent a lot of time playing outside in the water and on the trampoline.
This pool may be small, but it's quite a beast to inflate! Jason & Adria's foot pump was all wonky, so I tried to switch to lung power. Holy headache! I think by the time we were done 6 different people had participated in the inflating of the pool. It turned out to be worth it, especially for Syd. She had a blast.
And it was worth it to me just to see Ethan hammin' it up! Goggles in 6 inches of water? Why not?
The trampoline is always a favorite. Here's McKenzie flying high:
And doing her Spiderman:
Tyler, Elise and Ryan catching some air:
And all the kids together, striking a pose:
Their other favorite pastime was the video games, of course. Tyler tried to help the boys out by beating some levels and unlocking some characters.
And you didn't have to wait long before you came across a few DS players. A word to the wise, 7 children and 6 DS games do not make for 7 happy campers. But they managed to work it out.
Natalie, Ashlyn and McKenzie probably playing Bust-a-Move or Cooking Mama 2:
Ethan and Elise with a borrowed DS (thanks for sharing!):
We also had a great time playing Apples to Apples. That's always a fun game to play with kids, who usually seem to go for the biggest laugh rather than what makes the most sense. I think Adria ultimately came out on top.
Outdoor games like baseball and various forms of tag were also a big hit. And Adria is still a master tagger! I had a hard time keeping up, and probably spent more time watching than I should have. But it was a lot of fun when I finally sucked it up and joined in!
We had such a great time and always look forward to our visits. We hope we get to see at least some of you before next summer!
1 comment:
We loved reliving the annual road trip with you guys! Thanks for sharing the blog. We love the pics and your not a bad commentator, hidden talents cans say a lot about people! You guys are the best and we look forward to our time with you every year. I'm with the kids, why NOT move to ID or UT? The job keeps Nate on the move any way! JK
love you guys - Adria & Jason and the crazy idaho cousins
Post a Comment